Yeah!!! It’s the weekend! What are you up to? I’m helping my sweet friend Caitlin shoot a wedding tomorrow and intend to spend Sunday outdoors catching a few rays since it’s OFFICIALLY summer! (Who knows, maybe we’ll celebrate Backyard Party Pool Time 2.0 with baby in tow!) A few links to celebrate this TGIF!
- On the topic of summertime, head on over to The Refined Woman to check out my summer playlist and follow the girls on Instagram (and leave a comment) to win yourself a free download of the songs I’ve selected for ‘em! I can’t stop listening!
- Wait…wait…stop the presses! The trailer for the new Anchorman movie is out!!! I’m going to do the thing God put Ron Burgundy on this Earth to do: Have salon quality hair and read the news.
- Speaking of movies, Fruitvale Station has been getting so much Oscar-worthy buzz. I have loved the actor Michael B. Jordan ever since his days as Vince on Friday Night Lights, so this is a must-see for me.
- And on to another (much lighter) flick— put Rachel Adams in a new chick flick and I’m SO there.
- I spotted this Vanity Fair round up of tree house vacations and I AM SMITTEN. Dying to show this to Nick – some of them are actually affordable! (That place in Costa Rica, pictured below, looks AMAZING!)
- Have you guys heard about the Graduation Cap-Cat cake yet? HILARIOUS.
- This article “Answering Harvard’s questions about my personal life, 52 years later,” amazed me. The power of a single (chauvinistic) letter. Wow.
- Am I the only one who is just discovering Key of Awesome? Their “Start a Mumford Band” had me in stitches. IT’S ALL SO TRUE.
- If TV shows had different theme songs (The Office‘s cheery jingle over Mad Men‘s brilliant intro makes for an interesting effect!).
- And finally, I totally want to make my own batch of kombucha even though, before reading about it, I had no idea what it was! Also wanting to try the Pioneer Woman’s watermelon pico de gallo. Summer in your mouth, right?
Photo credit: Airbnb