A week into June, but hey, better late than never, right? ;)
• Post once a week over at the B School: I feel bad that I bought my subscription nearly two months ago and have only jumped only half-dozen times. Need to get better about this one!
• Have all June shoots culled and edited by month’s end: There’s a good chance I can get most of them blogged, but with a wedding on the 25th, well, that one’s probably not going to get blogged ’til July!
• Read a book to better my business: (I think I’m going to try and finish Jose Villa’s book this month — been sitting on my nightstand for a while and this will be a good way to incorporate a book on technique and style—which is just as important as these inspirational biz reads I’ve had at as of late)
• Fully implement SmugMug into my workflow: Aiming to have this program 100 percent under my belt in time to use for one of my weddings at month’s end.
• Reupholster those chairs!: An April carry-over
• Finish knitting that beret!: A May carry-over
• Hang curtains in the living room, find and hang blinds: One of the final “finishing touch” steps I need to finish up for this room!
• Start yoga again: This is one that is LONGGGG overdue! I can’t believe I haven’t practiced in almost a year. For shame!
• Go waterskiing (or tubing): I’m SO chicken, so when we go up to Michigan later this summer to see U2, I’m hoping that if we get some boating in with our friends, I’m brave enough to try this one!
• Have all May shoots edited and blog by month’s end —I hit 5 out of 6 on the editing, but have only blogged four. Looking forward to sharing these last two soon—one’s prepped and coming up later this week!
• Implement RPG Keys into workflow—Nope, didn’t hit this one. I need practice with these and I have such a rhythm to my editing, my busy season isn’t the time to try to do it. So I’m going to shelf this one for now but I’ll come back to it!
• Keep books current through May— This one feels good to have kept. It’s not fun to sit down for an hour and do it, but better in chunks than the weight of having to do it all at once (BEEN THERE!)
• Read a business book — Yep! Here’s the review!
• Watch Dane Sanders’ Seth Godin interview— Dangnabbit, this one’s still on the list. And since Dane also interviewed Tim Sanders this month, too, a recap of that conversation goes onto the list too!
• Sign up for a SmugMug account—Finally got the account going, now I just need to figure out getting my prices uploaded and how SmugMug works, and I’ll be all set!
• Cycle three-four times this month with Nick—SO excited (and a bit proud) about this one. Making this happen was so important to me, I made it my self-portrait this month too.
• Hang up frames in living room; decide on new art to put in them—DONE! Prints are ordered and on their way!
• Reupholster chairs—Nope. Still not there yet. But I HAVE found some throw pillows I love for my couch and I think I’m close on finding a fabric for the chairs. What? Did you say I’m anal retentive? That’s what I thought I heard.
• Finish cleaning out our guest bedroom and have everything that’s been piling up in the garage (stuff we’re giving away) picked up by the local rescue mission— Dingdingdingdingding!!! DONEDONEDONE (can you tell I’m excited to have hauled all that stuff away? Feels GOOD to get rid of STUFF!)
• Finish knitting the beret I started—Well, I think I WOULD be done if I wasn’t doing a lace pattern that I started on, only to realize a third of the way in I was doing it wrong :( Knitters, there is no pain greater than ripping out and starting over, is there? This one should be finished in June!
• Finally start my Pinterest account — Yep! Now I just need to hop on there a bit more. Lovin’ it so far. Just finding it SO easy to suffer from visual overload!
• Write more and read a book about the art of writing—Yep, hit this one. But the book I chose? Well, it may not have been the best one to start this learning process with! (My GoodReads review here)
And with the weather getting warmer, I thought it’d be a good time to show off my (new) old swimsuit. Man, I still remember this suit and how much I loved it!! Kind of like how much I loved my Strawberry Shortcake trike I was too big for and those amazing jelly shoe heels I sported my entire sixth year. But let’s not get started on the perm my mom decided to give me. We’ll leave it as a rite of passage for an ’80s child, ‘kay? ;)