1. What was the last concert you’ve been to?
I’m a bit of a recovering concert junkie. In my 20s, I’d see a live show at least once, more like twice, a month. My last show was in July 2012. I was about 6 months pregnant. It was Alabama Shakes at The Vogue in Indianapolis’ Broadripple. All I could think about was how much my feet and back hurt. How the acoustics were horrible. How I felt too old for this. That said, after a long hiatus, I’ll be making my “concert return” in December with my college besties to see Justin Timberlake perform at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. AND I CANNOT WAIT.
2. Is it easy to make you cry?
No. I’m not a crier. Though, yesterday, after attending a bittersweet memorial service for a coworker of mine at Ball State who died unexpectedly, I found myself sitting in the car, sobbing. See, I don’t like to cry in PUBLIC. On my own? Well, ain’t no shame in a good ugly cry. Ain’t no shame at all.
3. Do you ever feel like people underestimate you?
Maybe at one time, when I was younger, I did. But here’s why I don’t think that anymore: The older you get, if you tell people you’re going to do something, AND THEN YOU GO AND DO IT, that impresses people. It’s not about whether you become some huge success at whatever it is, it’s the point you got up and DID it. I think I’ve gotten pretty good at the doing, at least …
4. Name 7 completely random things that you like:
1) PopTarts 2) Good Morning America 3) The scent of my son when I bury my face in his neck 4) Hazelnut coffee 5) The sound of a good thunderstorm 6) The TV show SharkTank 7) Gummi bears
5. What word do you always misspell?
Soldier. Conscience. Separate. Psychologist (forever putting the y before the s!) I could go on ….
6. What is your favorite hair care product?
7. What’s your favorite song at the moment?
HAIM’s The Wire. SO GOOD.
8. What’s the number one thing on your Christmas wishlist?
Well, it’s a little early to be talking about, I guess, but I’ve had my eye on a particular camel-colored leather tote bag from Madewell since, like, 2011. I feel like it’s time to ask for it as as gift. Like, my ONLY gift ($$$!!!), but still … it’s time.
9. They say everyone gets 15 minutes of fame. Who’s 15 minutes has gone on far too long?
Miley Cyrus. OK, we saw her lady bits swinging around on a giant ball and chain in some music video. CAN WE JUST MOVE ON ALREADY?
10. Would you rather go without pizza or ice cream for the rest of your life?
Eating healthier these days means I’ve been going without both, but whereas I would have said ice cream in the past now I think I’d say pizza! My tastes…they’re a-changing!