Sometimes when you keep a blog, and you’ve been a bit negligent in your postings, you can find it difficult to know what to say when you return to it. So I thought, in light of my 10 (or is it 11?) day absence, I’d just jump right in to a few bits of randomness about life lately and what’s been keeping me away from the computer as of late:
• Nick and I started the month with a trip to Gatlinburg, Tennessee with Nick’s parents, siblings, spouses and all the kids. There were NINE children under the age of 8 years old at this shindig, but amazingly, the kids all did awesome and played together incredibly well. (Getting a family shot, however? Well, here’s what happened. HILARIOUS)
• We stayed in this awesome cabin built into the side of a mountain. It had seven bedrooms and five bathrooms so plenty of room for all of us. The only thing that left us scratching our heads over? The owners decorated the ENTIRE place in jungle cat theme. I mean, this was our shower curtain. Is that not crazy or what? We dubbed the place Big Cat Cabin. HA!
• I was so so impressed with my boy during those six days we were gone. He was a rockstar in the car (in 14 hours of driving, total, I’d say he cried maybe 30 minutes? And those tears came after about 6 hours in a hot car, so totally justified). It’s funny the ways I keep falling in love with him. Watching him be such a good boy and play so well with his cousins, I just couldn’t help but feel my heart swell with both pride and joy at being able to call Dean my son.
• Over the weekend I shot an AMAZING wedding. Kristin and Eric are one hot couple (I mean, look at this, right? STOP IT ALREADY — that’s what I kept telling them during portrait time ;) ) and I absolutely loved seeing them with their siblings. Now that I have my own little family, the family dynamic of weddings just grabs me that much more.
• I’m embarking on an awesome personal writing project. Consider this my “I’m dipping my toe in the water” kind of public announcement about it on this blog. I have a separate blog to chart the journey, but let’s just say it has me super excited and my creative juices flowing big time!
• I’m looking forward to a busy week that will include transferring over Dean’s fall wardrobe (seriously, trying to keep up with a baby’s growth and the whole dresser/closet situation? SO HARD), seeing some old friends back home and shooting an engagement session for one of my fall 2014 couples. Can’t wait!
Hope your week is awesome and thanks for being patient with me while the crickets have been chirping over here.
Dean’s first stay at a hotel. He slept in his Breeze playard, but we had some fun in the morning in the big ‘ol bed. This photo of him just kills me. He is just such a ray of pure joy!